To Every Season, Turn, Turn, Turn: Reflecting on Victories and Looking Forward Toward New Challenges
2016 has been a banner year for JusticeAid, and we’re not done yet. Thanks to you–our incredible supporters, beneficiaries, sponsors, partner venues, honorary hosts, talented artists, and more–JusticeAid’s mission to eradicate injustice perseveres onward. With time still remaining in 2016, our work together has amassed crucial support for life-saving organizations helping those in need here within the Beltway and far beyond. As the season begins to turn, JusticeAid is pausing to thank all of you, reflect on our collective victories this year, and look forward toward our next big challenge.
JUSTICEAID FLY-BY FACTS:
- NEARLY $100,000: Total funds raised for beneficiaries CFSY and NJDC.
- 3 GRAMMYS: won by our partner artist, Ozomatli.
- 0: Attendees in their seats when Trouble Funk took the stage at our Lincoln Theatre benefit. (see photo gallery)
- 365: Days next year that JusticeAid will rock out against injustice.
JusticeAid is already planning for 2017, when we focus our fight on supporting those who face discrimination and other injustices as a result of a mental illness.
DID YOU KNOW?
- OUR NATION’S LARGEST MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDERS ARE JAILS. Cook County Jail (Chicago), LA County Jail, and Rikers Island (NYC) jails are the largest. (More)
- 2.3+ MILLION PEOPLE ARE PRESENTLY INCARCERATED. As many as half suffer from a mental illness. (More)
- 50% OF AMERICANS FATALLY SHOT BY POLICE suffer from mental illness. (Research)
JusticeAid is constantly inspired by your support and engagement. As we move closer toward the new year, we will continue to keep the JusticeAid community aware of our progress and planning efforts for our next big event. HINT: See you in spring 2017 in the Big Apple!
With immense gratitude for your support, The JusticeAid Family